Avalanches of nutrition information and health findings can put significant obstacles into product development and marketing timelines. Let NUTRICOM Consultancy help you to reduce this information burden and tailor a proprietary solution for your business dilemma.
We convert the mounds of technical food and nutrition information to sensible and applicable summaries. In this way you will spend less time explaining your information needs and more time using the knowledgeable reports to fuel your project decision-making.
Round out your marketing messages with substantiated reports and full technical papers customized to your business promotions. Select NUTRICOM Consultancy to disclose existing published outcomes and prepare ahead of time science-based reports for marketing and promotional activities. Develop in collaboration with NUTRICOM Consultancy a communication strategy.
Nutricom Consultancy has been instrumental in the origination of 3 successful international Round Table Discussions. The results of the meetings have already been published in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
For more details see the publication list.
NUTRICOM Consultancy has a longstanding working relationship with the Knowledge centre sugar & nutrition (in Dutch: Kenniscentrum suiker & voeding).
- NUTRICOM Consultancy was instrumental in organizing four expert meetings on the frontiers of nutrition. For more details see the publication list. The results of the 4th Round Table Discussion on a healthy and sustainable diet were:
An integrated healthy and sustainable dietary food pattern is feasible.
- The combination of a healthy and sustainable diet is currently not obvious to all consumers.
- For an effective implementation a stepwise approach is needed with multiple stakeholders, combined with innovative research on food technology, nutrition and consumer behaviour.
- Part of the needed changes will be a shift from animal-based food to plant-derived food.
- NUTRICOM Consultancy was also involved in organizing an open, public debate on “Sugars and Health” in the political arena of The Hague in February 2017. Main items during the debate were:
- The consumption of sugar has been stable over the last years.
- Sugar and sugars are needed in food manufacturing as carriers of taste, providing structure and contributing to extended shelf life.
- The sweetness of sugar is tempting for consumers.
- Download the results of this public debate (PDF)
- NUTRICOM Consultancy was engaged in the development of the program and as a moderator of the panel discussion of a full day Carbohydrate Congress was held on September 28, 2017 in Utrecht with over 300 participants. The main take-home messages of the congress were:
- The consumption of carbohydrates and sugar has been stable during the last decades.
- Losing a few kilos of weight has a significant beneficial metabolic effect and a reduction of the known risk factors associated with overweight.
- Daily physical activity, even at a normal level, is important to regulate blood glucose levels in type II diabetes.
- Reduction in the intake of carbohydrates, under the supervision of a dietician, may have a beneficial effect on diabetes.