NUTRICOM Consultancy is participating in exploring new concepts in nutrition research.
Nutrition Consultants Cooperative (NCC)
NUTRICOM Consultancy is co-creator of the Nutrition Consultants Cooperative (NCC) in which eight independent nutrition experts are working together. The partners have a wide array of expertises, facilitating options to take on larger and multidisciplinary projects.
Nutrition in Transition (NiT)
NUTRICOM Consultancy is active in a Dutch collective of academic nutritionists, medical doctors and social scientists. The goal of the initiative is to develop new conceptual and methodological approaches to attack the inherent boundaries of nutrition research.
For more details see website: www.nutritionintransition.nl
The first paper has been published:
- Capable and credible? Challenging nutrition science (PDF). Eur J Nutr (2017).
Federation of European Nutrition Societies (FENS)
As a spin off, NUTRICOM Consultancy takes part in FENS working group 2 on the structure and financing of nutrition
research in Europe. The objectives are:
- How research on nutrition and health is currently organized and funded in Europe, including interactions among the various scientific disciplines.
- Whether that organization is optimal, and, if not, what structures, capabilities and interactions are required.
- How nutrition science is communicated “internally” (i.e., within the scientific world).
- How nutrition science can better recognise and deal with interactions with different stakeholders, including industry.