With a longstanding history in contract and industrial research with international and global responsibilities, NUTRICOM Consultancy is eminently capable of advising companies and/or organizations on their strategy, either in research or communication on science matters. NUTRICOM Consultancy has advised several industrial and non-profit organizations in the developing and executing their strategy.
Alliance Nutrition in Health Care
The Alliance Nutrition in Health Care is a joint initiative of the Gelderse Vallei Hospital and the Division of Human Nutrition of Wageningen University. The concept is unique in combining academic nutritional research with top medical care. The Alliance is highly innovative in its approach to the nutritional needs of the community (transmural nutritional care), the patient (advanced medical and nutritional care) and the food industry (cater with care). Theo Ockhuizen has been a board member from 2008 till 2016.
Yakult Europe B.V.
Yakult is a Japanese, science-based producer of probiotic dairy products containing a special strain of the bacterium Lactobacillus casei Shirota. An array of scientific studies indicates health benefits of Yakult consumption. Nutricom Consultancy has been a consultant to the science department of Yakult Europe B.V. on matters of communication to health professionals and on the research portfolio.
PUM Netherlands Senior Experts
Theo Ockhuizen is a senior expert of PUM Netherlands and was active during 4 missions:
- Managerial and strategic advice was given (September 2011) to a small food safety laboratory (FS Lab) in Sfax, Tunisia.
- In 2012 Theo Ockhuizen was on a PUM mission to LaInnovA, a recently started initiative in Managua, Nicaragua. The aim was to give advice for optimizing the production and processing of local commodity fruits. The final aim was to obtain products of high market value and to develop functional food ingredients from local fruit.
- In July 2013 Theo Ockhuizen was on a mission for PUM Netherlands senior experts to SOFOTEC, Bujumbura, Burundi. In November 2014 Theo Ockhuizen executed a follow-up meeting to SOFOTEC, Bujumbura, Burundi.
- In February 2018 Theo Ockhuizen was as a PUM senior expert on a mission to Food and Cosmetic Technologies (FaCT) in Durban, South Africa. FaCT is an energetic, young company and is currently at a crossroad how to proceed. The aim of the mission was to create new and improved services and products.
Orange House Partnership
Orange House Partnership (OHP) provides scientific expertise, assistance, advice, training, and interim management in the areas of good agriculture practices, nutrition, food and chemical risk assessment and risk management to governmental authorities in developing countries and emerging economies.
NUTRICOM Consultancy played an active role in:
- A situational analysis of nutrition policies, food fortification and compliance approaches in Kenya.
- An assessment of food fortification in Indonesia, followed by a fact finding mission.
- The preparation of a Guidance Document.
- The development of new projects in Sudan and the Ukraine.
- In 2016 participated Nutricom Consultancy in a Fact Finding Mission to Kiev, Ukraine.
- In January 2017 Theo Ockhuizen was part of a training team giving an intense 2-weeks course in Food and Nutrition safety in Khartoum, Sudan.