With a longstanding history in contract and industrial research with international and global responsibilities, NUTRICOM Consultancy is eminently capable of advising companies. Over the past years NUTRICOM Consultancy has advised several industrial and non-profit organizations in the developing and executing their strategy.
Alliance Nutrition in Health Care
The Alliance Nutrition in Health Care is a joint initiative of the Gelderse Vallei Hospital and the Division of Human Nutrition of Wageningen University. The concept is unique in combining academic nutritional research with top medical care. The Alliance is highly innovative in its approach to the nutritional needs of the community (transmural nutritional care), the patient (advanced medical and nutritional care) and the food industry (cater with care). Theo Ockhuizen was involved in the development of the first business plan and has been a board member from 2008 till 2016.
Yakult Europe B.V.
Yakult is a Japanese, science-based multinational producer of probiotic dairy products. The fermented health drink contains a special strain of the bacterium Lactobacillus casei Shirota. Nutricom Consultancy has been a consultant to the science department of Yakult Europe B.V. on matters of communication to health professionals and on the research portfolio.
PUM Netherlands Senior Experts
Theo Ockhuizen was a senior expert of PUM Netherlands and was active during 4 missions:
- Managerial and strategic advice was given to a small food safety laboratory (FS Lab) in Sfax, Tunisia.
- Theo Ockhuizen advised LaInnovA, a start up company in Managua, Nicaragua on optimizing the production and processing of local commodity fruits.
- SOFOTECA, a health company in Bujumbura, Burundi, was advised on their business model. A second, follow up visit focussed on introducing novel technologies to produce healthy drinks from local agricultural products.
- As a PUM senior expert Theo Ockhuizen was on a mission to Food and Cosmetic Technologies (FaCT) in Durban, South Africa. FaCT is an energetic, young company and is currently at a crossroad how to proceed. The aim of the mission was to create new and improved services and products.
Orange House Partnership
Orange House Partnership (OHP) provides scientific expertise, assistance, advice, training, and interim management in the areas of good agriculture practices, nutrition, food and chemical risk assessment and risk management to governmental authorities in developing countries and emerging economies.
NUTRICOM Consultancy played an active role in:
- A situational analysis of nutrition policies, food fortification and compliance approaches in Kenya.
- An assessment of food fortification in Indonesia, followed by a fact finding mission.
- The preparation of a Guidance Document.
- The development of new projects in Sudan and the Ukraine.
- In 2016 participated Nutricom Consultancy in a Fact Finding Mission to Kiev, Ukraine.
- In January 2017 Theo Ockhuizen was part of a training team giving an intense 2-weeks course in Food and Nutrition safety in Khartoum, Sudan.